05 December 2010

Delightful Treats.

What delightful weekend filled with delightful treats! I got heaps of sewing done this past week with a new little project on the go, but before I go showing off my latest creations I couldn't resist a chance to blog about a feast as opposed to my usual stitches.... This is a beaut recipe for a Christmas delight 'Mum's Cranberry Slice', it's super easy and I made it for one of our Chrissy catch ups this weekend. It always goes down a treat and if you happen to be a fellow chocoholic, the icing gives you just the kick you need! As per most of my cooking creations this is a hand me down from my wonderful mum who is a hell of a cook!

Mum's Cranberry Slice.
Ingredients:
pkt Marie Biscuits
1 cup coconut
90gm butter (melted)
1 can condensed milk
2 handfuls cranberries (chopped)
Block of White or Milk cooking chocolate depending on 
your preference
(I always use the Plaistowe brand of chocolate)

Method:
Crush biscuits, mix in bowl with coconut, add melted butter 
and mix together. 
Add chopped cranberries, mix and add condensed 
milk. Once all mixed, 
press into slice tray and place in fridge to set.
Chocolate Icing: Break up chocolate in bowl & add 1 teaspoon of oil.
Melt Chocolate (I melt in the microwave on medium heat
for 30 seconds to make sure it does not burn & the oil stops it cracking).
Spread over slice and put back in the fridge to set.

Slice up and share with everyone to enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails